Loading...

Who is the Fat Adapted Doc?

I'm Dr Dan Foss and my goal is to help you achieve the health and wellness of your dreams through fat adaptation, ketogenic diets, and heart rate training. 


I've spent the last 20 years traveling the globe from Costa Rica to Spain to Ireland and back to the USA. I've spent 13 years working as a Doctor of Chiropractic. Through my education I've learned that symptoms are just the tip of the iceberg. I've helped thousands of people regain their health naturally. Currently I'm focused on fat adaptation and ketogenic diets to not only help improve athletic performance but to enhance the health and wellbeing of myself and my clients.  My goal is not only to help you get well and stronger but help you stay well for a lifetime. .

For any inquiries, email me at drfoss@fatadapteddoc.com


Whats my Story: 


I was born in Florida and grew up living all across America from California to the Pacific Northwest. My Dad was a Navy pilot and then a commercial pilot so we traveled allot and lived allot of places. Growing up I was always outside and greatly enjoyed the outdoors and always had an affinity for travel. Shortly after graduating from high school in the northwest I headed to Washington State University where I completed a BS in Genetics and Cell Biology. I knew that I wanted to help others but at the time I had no idea how. Late in the evenings I would be working in the laboratories when I realized that my passion was not sitting with a pipet and Bunsen burner but actually helping people achieve their health goals.  I started looking into medicine but realized that there was so much more to health than symptoms. That lead me to Osteopathy but I realized that Osteopaths in the US were in a more allopathic model of symptoms and perscription drugs. Then I discovered Chiropractic. Whose premise "only the power that made the body can heal the body."

This motivated me to want to learn as much as I could about Chiropractic. I traveled around the US and Europe meeting different masters in Chiropractic and eventually went to Chiropractic school in Portland, Oregon. 

My love for travel molded well with my love for Chiropractic and natural healing. When I graduated from Chiropractic school I wanted to change the world. The next day I was on a plane to Costa Rica and literally began helping thousands of people reach their health goals. 

Skip forward 7 years I moved back to the US and met my wife Margarita. We have two beautiful children and live in South Texas. 

I have a successful Chiropractic office Pura Vida Chiropractic where I help patients in Spanish and English achieve optimal health thru natural care. 


Why Fat Adapted Doc:



About 9 months ago I was sitting on the sidelines watching my wife compete her first Marathon. I was 30 pounds overweight and decided it was time to get serious about my health. So I started running. Not just any running, I started trail running. Then I discovered heart rate training and then discovered fat adaptation. I started eating a ton of fat to the point where I my wife was worried. 

Fast forward to 6 months. I've completed multiple trailraces and on my way to training for a 50K race. My wife is also heart rate training and getting into ketogenic diets. 

I feel fantastic, have lost 30 pounds, multiple pant sizes, skin feels fantastic, and my energy is off the roof. Everything has changed since I started eating more fat and becoming fat adapted. 

Why this site:



A number of people have been asking me how I did it. As I was searching on the internet for more information I realized that what I was doing was not all in the same place. I needed a place that combined Fat Adaptation, Ketogenic Diets, Heart Rate Training, and Running in one place. I never expected to be an author or a writer and I'm excited to share my secrets and successes with you. 

Yours in Health, Dr Foss
Fat Adapted Doc

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Home item

ORDER EPIC BARS

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Random Posts